Brandy Barth is a partner at Newton ▪ Barth and has practiced law in St. Louis for more than 10 years. Her diverse practice runs the gamut of all litigation matters, from employment law, civil rights, criminal defense, and business disputes. She began her practice of law working at one of St. Louis’ largest corporate defense firms, where she was also an appointed municipal prosecutor. She has tried many jury and bench trials with favorable results and settlements.
Brandy focuses a large part of her practice on representing employees in work-related disputes. She has been recognized since 2014 as a Rising Star in employment law. Brandy was also recognized by Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly in its Top 100 verdicts issue after she tried an employment case to a jury verdict with an award of $3.67 Million – the largest single employment verdict in Missouri for several years.
Brandy also actively practices law in the civil rights arena. Having represented police officers, she knows when an individual’s civil rights have been violated. She has tried and settled many civil rights cases and aggressively defends every person’s right to be free from excessive force by ensuring that due process of law is followed in every case.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- Truman State University (B.A. History, cum laude, 2000)
Professional Recognition and Affiliations
- Member, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Barrister, Theodore McMillian American Inns of Court
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- 2014 and 2015 "Rising Star" in Employment Law by Super Lawyers Magazine
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri and Southern and Central Districts of Illinois
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar